11.18.2010 - 7-Zip 9.20 Final
7-Zip is open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions.
The main features of 7-Zip:
7-Zip works in Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP (Also native 64-bit version available). There is port of command line version for Linux/Unix.
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- 7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 79 languages
- Download 7-Zip (Free)
- Register (Donate) 7-Zip ($20.00 USD)
- View Additional Information
- View Changelog
- Visit Igor Pavlov.