11.12.2003 - MS03-049: Buffer Overrun in the Workstation Service Could Allow Code Execution (828749)
A security vulnerability exists in the Workstation service that could allow remote code execution on an affected system. This vulnerability results because of an unchecked buffer in the Workstation service.
If exploited, an attacker could gain System privileges on an affected system, or could cause the Workstation service to fail. An attacker could take any action on the system, including installing programs, viewing data, changing data, or deleting data, or creating new accounts with full privileges.
- Download Windows 2000 SP2, SP3, SP4 Patch
- Download Windows XP, Windows XP SP1 Patch
- Download Windows XP 64-Bit Patch
- View Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 828749
- View Microsoft Security Bulletin
- View Microsoft End User Security Bulletin
- Visit Microsoft Corporation