||Technical Updates @ TACKtech Corp.
06.01.2011 - NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 275 275.33 WHQL for Vista/7 32-bit/64bit
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of your NVIDIA product.
This is the first WHQL-certified release from the Release 275 family of drivers (versions 275.xx to 279.xx). You can read more about this family of drivers on GeForce.com.
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver.
New in Release 275.33
- The Release 275 beta driver v275.27 can cause significant performance drop in The Witcher 2. This issue has been resolved in v275.33 drivers. Please read this FAQ for more information on this issue.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v270.61 WHQL drivers. The following are some examples of improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 4% in Crysis 2
- Up to 5% in Civilization V with SLI
- Up to 9% in Portal 2
- Up to 13% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
- Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
GeForce 560 Ti:
- Up to 6% in Crysis 2
- Up to 8% in Portal 2
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham Asylum with PhysX High
- Up to 15% in Bulletstorm with Antialiasing enabled
- In Release 275, NVIDIA Update adds automatic SLI, multi-GPU, and antialiasing (AA) profile updates. These profile updates are automatically downloaded from NVIDIA and silently installed on your PC, keeping it up-to-the-minute with the latest game profiles. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.com, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update. Click here to learn more about NVIDIA Update.
NVIDIA 3D Vision
- New NVIDIA Control Panel user interface for configuring desktop scaling, including new preview window.
- Now consistently available for all displays (including VGA and HDMI connections).
- New scaling override option for Windows 7 gaming.
- Improved desktop resizing user interface that guides the user to disable overscanning using their HDTV controls and also provides a fallback option to enable desktop resizing via the NVIDIA Control panel.
- NVIDIA desktop resizing now creates a custom, resized resolution with 1:1 pixel mapping and resizes standard resolutions for games that don’t support custom resolutions.
- With Release 275 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v275.33 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver. For more information, please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- 3D Vision Window Mode support. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information.
- Added support for 3D Vision Photo viewer to now work in Window Mode. When you have opened a 3D picture file check the “View” section for this new option.
- Improved 3D Vision IR emitter and 3D Vision glasses synchronization
- Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: NEC NP-V300X series
- Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- Age of Empires Online
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Battlefield Play4Free
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Dungeon Siege III
- Super Street Fighter IV
- World of Tanks
- Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
- Portal 2 - fixed water reflection problem and updated convergence setting to provide a better user experience
- The Witcher 2 - Improved 3D Vision compatibility for all in-game effects
- Download ForceWare for Windows 7 and Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Installs HD Audio driver version 18.104.22.168
- Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
- Supports playing back Blu-ray 3D discs when connecting your GPU to an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. Playback requires compatible software application from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Roxio, or Corel. For GPU and system requirements, visit the NVIDIA Blu-ray 3D website.
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
- Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
- Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
- Download ForceWare for Windows 7 and Windows Vista (64-bit)
- View Additional Information
- Visit NVIDIA Corporation
NID: 38233 / Submitted by: TACKtech Team
|Most recent NVIDIA-drivers related news.|
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.65 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.65 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.58 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.58 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 327.23 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
View archive of NVIDIA-drivers related news.
Yahoo! My Web